12 interesting facts about Xiaomi Mi3
- All apps and widgets on MIUI firmware are placed on the main screen as there is no Apps Manager on MIUI. Compared with Android where long press on Menu button can close all apps operating in background mode, MIUI users can delete apps selectively.
- The MIUI lock screen is equipped with a set of functions including flashlight, music navigator and the function of displaying text messages. To turn the flashlight on, press and hold the Home button on unlocked screen. To activate the music navigator press on the unlocked screen twice. Got an incoming text message? Press on the center of the screen to read the message.
- The interface of incoming calls on MIUI looks the same as on Android, except for some additional functions. When making a call MIUI users can make notes or record the conversation in MP3 format.
- The MIUI communicator looks ordinary, but the distinctive feature is that it is equipped with the function of hiding text messages under the password. Moreover, MIUI has the Private Messages function that also allows restricting the access to private text messages with the help of password. You can even choose private contacts and save them in a password-protected format. To activate this function drag the SMS interface down a few times.
- One of the main advantages of Mi3 is the camera. Besides 13 Mp BSI Sony sensors the smartphone is also has powerful software. Users can choose different shooting modes such as Panorama, Filters and HDR to make photos look brighter and more colorful. Thanks to the Audio function the camera can detect objects located at long distances due to the sensitivity to loud noises. The software of the camera has a QR-decoder. The camera automatically reads and decrypts any QR-Code. Moreover, the camera can operate in Advanced Mode that allows controlling white balance and other SLR functions.
- The front-facing camera also has specific features. Thanks to the Age and Gender Recognition function the camera automatically chooses an appropriate filter for photo enrichment. Good news for photographers: you no longer need any post edition to share beautiful photos on internet!
- MIUI firmware contains a set of security apps that provides the users of Mi3 with a full safety of using a smartphone. The Data Control function allows tracking data quote used in apps. The users can also limit data transmission via Wi-Fi or smartphone individually for different apps. Another useful function is the opportunity to view statistics of data usage by different apps.
- The Access Control function allows the users controlling the access of different apps to personal data. Thus, the access to the data of your device by such operations as making or receiving calls, viewing call list or tracking your location can be restricted to varying degrees for different apps. You can close apps at any time when the phone is turned on.
- The Power app allows the users of Mi3 controlling the charge level to extend the operation of the device. This function helps being aware of the time left till the end of charging. Users can control the operation of energy-intensive apps when the battery charge is very low. Moreover, you can change the most optimal settings for battery extending. The device will go to the specified mode when the battery charge drops to a certain level. This function can be also activated in accordance with the time. For example, you can set Sleep mode in this case. Interestingly, that the users can choose the appearance of the battery interface. It varies from image to numerals or a simple green stripe.
- The Cleaning app allows deleting useless data such as notifications and cash.
- Another distinction of MIUI firmware is the presence of Data Backup app. The users can perform data backup and save their data on other devices such as PCs or laptops. Data backup can be performed in order to prevent data loss in case problems in device operation occur in the future. Data backup allows not only restoring lost data, but also resuming the work of many useful functions.
- The users also got an access to Mi Cloud Storage. The cloud data storage system stores your personal data such as contacts, books, images, messages and even Wi-Fi settings on the network server. Users can control all personal data that is stored in Mi Cloud Storage by web-access.
Mi Pad 3 Tablet Review: a Powerful Tech in an Aluminum Case Amazfit Arc Smart Fitness Bracelet Review Five Reasons to Get YiwuYishi Antibacterial Cutting Board LED Ceiling Lights from MiJia That You Will Love One Less Problem to Think Of: How Mi 6 Reduces Screen-Related Eye Strain Updated 13.3-Inch Mi Notebook Air Features Fingerprint Sensor Mi MIX Review: A Stylish, Innovative and Bezel-Less Flagship Yeelight LED Lightstrip Makes Your Place Feel Cozier Understanding the Nature of the Mi Purifier Air Filter Hacking, Theft and Loss? No, Never Heard of It
News, promos, new products!