Xiaoyi Action Camera International Version
- Joney Tour
- Add new comment
Behold! The International version of Xiaomi Action Camera was realesed and aviable with the name of the brand XiaoYi as Yi Action Camera. In this article we will find out changes in International Version, specs and features of Yi Action Camera, available applications for iOS and Androind, accessories and more. But if you think it’s not enough you can also watch through the Yi Dash Camera article.
Difference of Yi Action Camera International Version
First of all it is a language. Now action camera from Xiaomi is realized in English, so you can understand everything what package and instructions say. You can read also the international sertifications. The US version is connected to the U.S. WiFi networks enviroments and voltage. Beside there are four main difference between Chinese and International Versions:
- Battery. It is 990 mAh by Sony. (1010 mAh Chinese version not from Sony). Batteries are compatible, so you can change them free.
- Back door. It is covered with an aluminium layer.
- Bottom. There is no notch.
- Color. International version is available in “true black” color.
Specs of Yi Action Camera
There are the same speca in general.
Chip and Sensor. The International Version is feautered with 16 MP Sony Exmor Sensor (IMX206) and also Ambarella A7 chipset, same as a Chinese version.
- 2K (1296p) with 30 fs
- 1080 with 60 fps
- 720p with 120 fps
- 480p with fps 240fps
Lens and focal lenght. It has a wide angle 155o 2, 73 ±5%. Aperture of aspheric surface FHD hotology glass is F2.8 DFOV 1550.
Display. There is no display the same as a Chinese version, but you can find one with 3rd party accessories LCD screen made for Xiaomi Yi.
- Format — mp4
- Codec — h264
- Frame Rate: 29.95 fps
- Bitrate — 25 MB/s (it can be 30 MB/s with an unofficial firmware)
Audio is recorded with dual track and 96KHz sampling.
Battery. It performed by Sony with a capacity of 1100 mAh.
Storage. The International Version same as a Chinese supports from 16 GB to 128 GB micro-SD card (not included for both versions), class 10 recommended.
- Built-in WiFi to connect Yi Camera to iOS and Android devices using applications
- Built-in Bluetooth 4.0 version allows to connect remote controle for action camera
- Micro USB (charging, A/V output)
- Micro HDMI port for HD video outut
Yi Action Camera Hardware Version
In general the lens is good in both version, but there is a difference too. The International Version hasn’t got an Infra Red filter. So the vedo is soft and has a warm shade. When the sun shines directly, it creates a flare.
There are released some original Yi Action Camera Accessories: Yi bag, straps and mounts. But if you need more interesting accessories you can look through the 3rd party accessories made for Xiaomi.
Application is available for iOS (even for iOS Apple Watch) and Androind devices inEnglish and firmware became more stable and smooth. In addition, there is also ladscape mode.
The start menu
Now in the main menu you can find both photo and video modes after you connect your Yi Action Camera to your smartphone, which is good for settings and frames preview, especialy for new landscape featue.
You can disconnect or enter the settings using buttons on the screen of your device. Also you can watch your presets and battery status of the camera.
Right of the shutter button you can select the mode you need. You will se two lines. You can change settings of each mode with a button on the left from shutter button.
- Single (select resolution)
- Timer (choose a countdown: 3s, 5s, 10s, 15s)
- Time-Lapse (select interval 0,5s, 1s, 2s, 5s, 10s, 30s, 60s)
- Burst (there are no additional settings)
- Video (select the resolution and Frame Rate)
- Video Time-Lapse (select resolution interval or off it to stop it whenever you want)
Photo or Video Time-Lapse?
When you choose video time-lapse the camera generates viseo as a result. If you select photo time-lapse, the camera will take some photos according to interval you chose, but as a result it won’t generate a video.
In the top menu of application on a smartphone you can choose “Settings” to make some presets for your video and photos, also to change some camera sets.
You can choose the needed quality, as a result camera changes a bit rate:
- High 25 MB/s
- Midium 13 MB/s
- Low 11,5 MB/s
- Time and Date
- 2k (Super HD) with 2304×1296 30fps 16:9 (firmware 1.2.0)
- 1080p with 1920×1080 60fps/30fps/48fps/24fps 16:9
- 960p with 1280×960 60fps/48fps 4:3
- 720p with 1280×720 120fps/60fps/48fps 16:9
- 480p with 848×480 240fps 16:9
Default Recording Mode. You can choose Video Mode or Video Time-Lapse Mode for default recording.
Metering Mode. Refers to the way in which a camera determines the exposure.
The photo format is 4:3 (16:9 available with a firmware 1.2.0)
- 16M, 4608×3456 4:3
- 13M, 4128×3096 4:3
- 12M, 4608×2592 16:9 (new firmware 1.2.0)
- 8M, 3264×2448 4:3
- 5M, 2560×1920 4:3
Default Capture Mode
You can choose a default preset for photo mode:
- Time and Date
You can choose separate settings for Photo and Video Modes.
Preview Switch. You can switch the Preview Mode for your smartphone.
Auto Low Light. The camera will adjust the frame rate (60fps/30fps/48fps etc.) according to light condtions which are detected with a special sensor. When you use this option with Photo Mode picture gets brighter, because of longer exposure. In Video Mode picture is much darker.
Loop Recording. Using this setting camera is saving 5 min footage and starts to overwrite oldest files automatically, e. g. when you use your camera as a dashboard camera, but we recommend you to use Yi Dash Camera. It has got secial features fit for drivers.
Adjust Lens Distortion. Wide-angles lenses give very strong distortion for the picture. Using this function the image will be flat without any distortions, but the quality become a little worse and the size stays the same. It’s better to use for Photo Mode.
Turn on Wi-Fi when device is on. The Yi Action Camera will turn on WiFi automatically each time you power the camera.
AV Output. When you want to use camera for FPV, camera will get a video output signal via USB. There is no delay in video transfer.
Video rotation. Using this function you can flip the image for 180o when you mount your camera upside down.
You can choose the exposure measure.
You can choose volume for button signal.
WiFi Settings. You can change name and password (default is 1234567890) for camra WiFi.
- All Off
- Only status LED (including WiFi light)
Camera Time. You can select current date and time if you want.
Defrault Camera Mode. Here you can choose the default mode when camera starts to work.
Auto Power Off. You can choose the time for camera to off, when it’s not in use (3,5 or 10 min).
Here you can see Model Number and Serial Number of Yi Action Camera:
- Serial Number shows the hardware version
- Current Firmware is shown
- Select SD card to see how much storage is left
- Find camera. Your camera starts beeping (only when th camera is turned on)
- Unbind Bluetooth device. For remote controle
- Also you can restore factory settings